Monday, January 5, 2009

My Late Grandmother

My grandmother was a great woman. My grandfather passed away at young age and my grandmother got to take care of her three sons and a daughter. My father was the second son in the family.

Poor and single, my grandmother got to tap rubber in order to earn a living . She sacrificed for the family.

My grandmother`s name is Loi Luk Moi. She came from China at a very young age. Her family was poor and she was sold by her family in China and she got married at a very young age. After my grandfather passed away, my grandmother remained a widow till she passed away at 77 years old.

When I was about to enter University Malaya in january 1998, my father had got no money and my grandmother gave me rm 700 for me to go to university. I am very much indebted to my grandmother.

My grandmother loved me and my brothers and sisters very much. She always cooked food for all of us. She bought food for us and she used to tell us a lot of her stories and stories of her hometown in China. She told us the culture of the Chinese in the olden China and she taught us how to sing songs and hyms.

My grandmother had passed away for more than two decades but I cannot forget her. Though she suffered tremendously in her childhood, as a teenager and as a widow, she shouldered all responsibilities as a mother with dignity and integrity. She worked hard to bring up her children and she suffered a lot due to a lot of unhappy circumstances.

I am glad that my grandmother embraced christianity in her old age. She liked to go to church though my uncle objected.

My grandmother is a remarkable woman. Without the money she gave me for my further study, I dare not imagine what would happen to me then. I owe my grandmother so much and I can never pay her back for the love and the caring attitudes for my family, especially my brothers and my sisters.

May God take good care of my grandmother. May she live happily in the heaven forever with God.

No comments: