Monday, September 20, 2010

My late grandmother

My late grandmother was sold to Ling`s family at a very young age. She was sold to my late grandfather as his young wife or bride. They stayed in a small town called Simpang Dua , Sitiawan.She came from fuchow, China.

My late grandmother`s name is Loi Liew Mei. She had to work very hard to bring up her four children, including my late father, since my late grandfather passed away at very young age.

She tapped rubber. She planted vegetables and reared chickens for self consumptions. She was poor and suffered silently.

My grandmother gave me rm600 for me to pursue my studies in university .She loved me and my brothers and sisters.

Though my late grandmother had passed away for more than twenty years, I still remember her as a kind and loving woman. She was one of the typical examples of those great mothers or grandmothers who sacrificed their lives so that their children and grandchildren might live well.

No comments: