Saturday, June 19, 2010

Different People Have Different Destiny

Different people will encounter different journeys in life. There is no right or wrong. Take for example , a few family members from Muar were killed in a road accident recently. It is right or wrong to say that they could have avoided the accident if they were more alert? No. you can`t say that.

When tragedies strike others, most people feel nothing because we are not the one who suffered. But when one day tragedies fall on our family members or death spirit hunts after our loved ones, then we would understand the meaning of sorrow , agony and pain.

Some people say that those people who died prematurely is mainly due to their sins. This type of thinking is not acceptable because sinners normally live longer than others and they are prosperous. Look around you, those politicians who were corrupt lead a long and prosperous life but a honest man might have died in his young age.

Not necessary chain smokers would suffer from cancer. Deng Tsiao Ping was a chain smoker but he lived to his ripe old age. But many innocent babies and the non smokers suffer from cancers.

There is no right and wrong in the life of everybody. You may condemn a drug addit, a gambler, a sinner, a prostitute , a corrupt and immoral person and think that you are the only one without wrong. But ask yourself, if you were in his or her shoes, would you do the same.?

The journey we take in life to most extend we can decide. But to a smaller extend we can`t. Take for example, can we decide not to involve in road accident or not to suffer from any sickness , sufferings or tragedies? The part of journey which we cannot control perhaps is best left God to decide.

Can we decide to be as rich as Warren buffet or Bill gate? No. Can we decide to lead a long life, as long as Abraham in the old testament ? No.Though to a larger extend our success , prosperity, health, happiness and longetivity depend on ourself, to a small extend others would decide your destiny. For example, you may be driving carefully but a drunken driver rams his car or truck on you. So to some extend our lives depend on others.

When God sends rain, both weeds and plants are nurtured. Sun shines on both bad and good men. Don`t get me wrong. I don`t mean to encourage you to do bad things. I want everybody to do good deeds. What I want to stress is that bad and good people lead a life which might not be their choice at times.

Everybody wants happiness, wealth and prosperity, longetivity and robust health. But can everybody get them ? The answer is no.

God is very fair. You only young once and you only live once. We may condemn the teeagers for taking some obscene photos of themselves ( I personally think they should take more decent ones only ) yet they can argue that this is the only way they could capture their youth. Once your body is full of wrinkles, it is too late to take photos of yourself.The time is gone , the youthful look disappears and everything has no meaning.

My father`s time and even my own time we did not have many photos taken because those days the digital cameras were not available. I notice that many youngsters take beautiful and handsome photos of themselves nowadays. I do share their joys and happiness. This reminds me of my time at secondary school and form six.Today, when I look back, I wished my grandparents, my late father ,my family members and even myself could have taken more photos at the prime time of our lives.

To those of you who have had a wonderful life in all parts of your journey, I share your joy and I wish you all the best. To the less fortunate one, what I can do is to pray for you so that God has mercy on you and may your life change for the better.

No comments: