Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Something different

I have been writing about politics all the while. It may be boring to some people. So taday I write something different. Perhaps you may be interested.

When I was a boy, I used to have some wild and ambitious dreams that not many people dared to dream. But as time goes by, the dream gradually bubbles. And today, I am contented with what I have. Perhaps, I would be able to achieve more if time permits.

For the last few decades, I have been chasing after money. Today, I still do but not so desperate anymore. I think if one knows how to manage his finance well, he should be able to lead an abundant life, with god`s blessings.

My hobby is still writing, reading and occasionaly I go for swimming and do other exercises. I like to sing oldies Chinese songs. I like listening to English songs such as : I have a dream, midnight train, poker face, my way, nobody and many others. By the way, I like dancing.

I have been teaching for the last thirty years, mostly in private secondary school and colleges. Looking back, I feel happy that most of my students are doing well in life. Many of them graduated from the world`s famous university such as Oxford, Cambridge, Princeton and so on. Their laughter in the campus reminds me of my times in form six.

The reason why I like teaching( though it could be tiring sometimes)is that I share the joy of my students. They are at the prime of their life and they are happy and joyous. They are not like the adults who are indifferent or hostile at times. When I see that they are happy with their life at campus, I share their joys.

There are some sad moments when some students told me that they come from poor family and that they have to leave the college because their parents could not afford to pay their fees anymore. I feel sorry for them because I was unable to help them.Deep in my heart, I wish these poor and unfortunate students the best in their undertakings.

Most students come from well - to do family and the students concerned are better off compared to those from not so unfortunate backgrounds such as poverty, broken family and so on.

I remembered a girl student was crying in class. I asked her friend what happened to her and the reply was that she had a little bit of problem in the family. I was not able to help.I felt sorry for her and hope that she is okay now.

We live in a conservative society in which everybody tends to be indifferent to others and so we cannot give much impact to others apart from imparting the knowledge. Even neighbours do not wish to talk to each other. The society has revolved to such pace that even if you are robbed, you don`t expect bystanders to lend you a hand.

Perhaps , this is what life is about.

No comments: