Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father`s Day

I was deeply moved when I received happy father`s day greeting from the first lady of America . I believe she also sent emails to millions of fathers throughout the world. I understand now why Obama and his wife deserve to be the most honorable man and woman of the world. And I understand now why Obama won the prersidential election . He won for the simple reason that he loves his father, his mother and his family which not many Americans are practising.

Confucious and the bible teach as to respect our parents, to love our own brothers. But sometimes in life, we fail to do what the bible teaches.

For example, I failed to be a good son and father because i did not provide the best to my late father when he was alive. And I did not give my children the best when I ought to.

My father was a great man for he provided my family with everything we needed though he was very poor. He had to work from as early as 4 am ( to tap rubber) and as late as 8 or 9 pm ( working as farmer)

When my father was old and lonely, I did not spend time to be with him due to my hectic life. I was sinful and I regret very much. I just wish the time can be reversed and that I could spend valuable time with my father again but now everything is too late.

But I felt relieved when my father adopted christianity. And I strongly believe the merciful God has already taken back my late father, my late grandparents and my late brother home. As christian, at least there is hope that we can be reunited one day.

To those of you who still have parents, do spend more time with your parents and with your children. Money comes and goes but once your parents are no longer around, no amount of money can buy a single minute of joy of a happy family

No comments: